We’re a progressive and inclusive organization that’s distinct from most any other agency you have visited. You feel it the minute you walk in our door. We are mission-driven and passionate. We love what we do. We invest in and learn from each other. And, we put our clients’ interests before our own – so there’s no conflict of interest. Integrity resides at the core of MMI – our people, our work, and our dedication to the clients and communities we serve. We are grateful for our success but don’t take it for granted. We know that our continuing growth comes from helping others succeed.
We seek professionals who are skilled in integrated communications and have a strong aptitude for building strategy-led campaigns.
If you have a strong commitment to initiative, creativity, and advancing the growth of our clients and our culture, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume at email@example.com or fill out the careers form just below.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN 2017
Posted January 2017
MMI’s content creation and creative services division is seeking a qualified intern to assist in graphic design. Ideal candidates will have:
- At least one year in school (must be attending institute of higher education)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML/CSS, PowerPoint, Photoshop and motion graphics preferred
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple clients
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent creative vision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in collaboration with other MMI team members
Activities to be handled will include but not be limited to:
- Logo modification
- Microsite design
- Social media skins
- Advertisement modification
- PowerPoint presentations
- Newsletters and e-newsletters
- Direct mail
- Other marketing materials for clients as needed
The position emphasizes deep research and analysis, and favors experience in:
- Data collection, analysis and reporting findings, and their strategic indications to achieving business revenue and brand performance goals
- Cross-channel proficiency in paid, earned, shared and owned (PESO) online marketing to listen/monitor, measure and assess stakeholder sentiment, traffic, engagement and influence in these channels
- Establishment of competitive benchmarks
- Brand sentiment audits
- Social media monitoring and reporting
- Traditional media and advertising performance reports
- Website analytics
- Consulting on stakeholder engagement strategy and search engine optimization (SEO) performance
- Analytics platforms, third-party research and segmentation tools
- Knowledge of and proficiency with HootSuite, Google Analytics, WordPress and similar tools, including how to manage them effectively
- Ability to provide insightful intelligence from data analyzed
- A clear understanding of effectively utilizing and measuring online marketing and ad campaigns, including social media
Work will occur primarily at the MMI offices. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. – your schedule will vary from this. This is an unpaid internship, but you will receive school credit. All work must be done at our offices.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume, including three work samples and your desired start date. Include the resume in the body of the email. If you meet our qualifications, we will follow up and contact you. We look forward to hearing from you.
SUMMER INTERN 2017
Posted January 2017
As a leading full-service communications firm providing strategy-led business communications, marketing and consulting, MMI advances business growth interests for dozens of clients. We are always receptive to having interns who want hands-on experience and seek active participation in the process of delivering clients’ messages with positive results. An internship with MMI is much more than a “go-fer” position – it involves extensive collaboration, refines your creative thinking and develops talents that you can apply effectively in future communications work.
At MMI, interns receive a well-rounded opportunity to challenge themselves to grow in any or all of our services, including:
- Branding and brand management
- Content creation
- Creative services
- Event planning and management
- Multimedia services
- Public relations and strategic communications
- Social media
- Website services
Ideal MMI intern candidates will be:
- Able to multitask
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Highly motivated
- Possessing strong communications skills (familiarity with AP Style preferred)
- Having a positive attitude
- Team players
- Currently enrolled as a student pursuing a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, video production or a related field
MMI interns must be available to work at least 12 hours per week. Work hours will be flexible (mainly between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, with some exceptions), part time and unpaid. Depending on your college or university, your time may count for class credit. You will be asked to assume a large responsibility in the office, regardless of what services you concentrate in performing.
As MMI is a leading and innovative communications firm, you will be learning the industry’s latest and most effective strategies and approaches on a variety of projects, and will enhance both your resume and your portfolio. In today’s increasingly competitive job market, showing that you have successfully completed an internship with us can provide you with the edge needed to obtain a paid position after college. A high-level internship indicates you are ready for the challenges that exist in applying your skills and knowledge in a real-world environment.
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com and include a cover letter with your preferred start/end date, hours available to work and goals/activities you want to achieve, along with your resume and a writing sample (all in the body, no attachments please). Video interns should include a link to websites with samples of their work. References are recommended as well. We look forward to hearing from you and having you join the MMI team.